Featured Not resolved
2.3

I bought an Omega Speedmaster 57 (nearly $6000) from Jomas in late March '17.In June I swam in the pool with the watch - rated at 100m water resistant.

The next day I noticed was fogged up. I waited a week or two and the condition continued. I contacted Jonashop and told me how to return the watch for service. I did so.

It's now 7 weeks that they've had my watch. I've sent 2 emails asking for a status. No response. I called this morning and spent 20 minutes on hold.

I was told that they didn't know the status and that it could take up to 12 weeks for repair - this in spite of the fact that their site and the acknowledgement I received from their service department both say "Up to Eight Weeks". I was told that I would receive a status response within 24 hours. Time will tell. And, I'm not holding my breath.

I bought the Omega because it's a great looking "retro" watch. (see photo). I just want it back operating properly.

Because of this bad experience, the Rolex I just bought came from Prestigetime.com and their service was spectacular.They managed to get me 2 extra links (something both Jonashop and a Rolex retailer couldn't do in less than 8 weeks) and deliver the watch within 3 days.

Review about: Omega Watches Speedmaster Watch.

I didn't like: Unacceptable professional conduct, Very poor customer service.

Had an Experience with Jomashop?

Comments

Water resistant and water proof are two very different things.

I can't believe that someone of your financial means and likely education level still believes in the "waterproof" myth.

Nothing on earth is waterproof.Forget claims.

Forget statistics.

Forget reputations.

Water is commonly known in chemistry as "the universal solvent" because it is.

Simply remove your expensive watch prior to full bodily water immersion.

What you're doing is akin to testing s car's brakes by running in front of one.